Education does not benefit only its recipients; it has a profound impact on national economic outcomes. Poor educational performance may be a determining factor in the inability of Latin American countries to rise from middle- to high-income status over the last 50 years. Likewise, education could explain why Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan attained high-income status, while countries like Thailand, the Philippines, and Malaysia cannot complete the middle-income transition. Policymakers, economists, educators, and business leaders debate and advance innovative ideas about educational practice and policy.
Education: The Brain Gain
- America’s Education Emergency
- Should Humanities Professors Be Automated?
- Transforming Education Means Fighting Poverty Traps
- Transforming Education
- Biden’s Misfire on Student Loans
- Don’t Let Young Pakistanis’ Futures Be Washed Away