Digital Media Marketing Associate
The Digital Media Marketing Associate at Project Syndicate is tasked with helping to grow our reader base, engage with key audiences across multiple platforms while maintaining editorial voice and quality, and increasing awareness of our content and mission. The successful candidate will lead the development and execution of an audience engagement strategy that relies heavily upon social media and other digital communication channels and will help refine our editorial and subscription offerings for the digital sphere in order to expand our global reach and subscriber base.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the media market and current trends in digital content marketing and advertising, and how they impact business strategies. This role affords the opportunity to help shape digital strategy, increase awareness of our content and mission, and grow our business. Flexibility, the ability to work autonomously, and the drive and willingness to chart a new direction amid shifting responsibilities and priorities is paramount.
- Create, implement, and oversee social media and digital marketing plans that deliver on organizational objectives
- Develop and execute an ongoing, dynamic, and cohesive strategy for engaging with current readers and driving audience growth and subscription revenue
- Creation, curation, and posting of content to our social media channels
- Help position new editorial offerings on the Project Syndicate website and social media channels
- Analyze data from Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, Twitter Analytics, and other reporting tools to develop actionable insights and adjust strategy accordingly
Key Skills/Experience (required):
- 2+ years of experience in news media, journalism, social media marketing, and/or public relations
- Passion for the news and current events
- Demonstrated track record of successfully launching/expanding social media campaigns through all established (and emerging) digital channels
- Detailed knowledge of and experience working with a number of digital and data management technologies
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with a high level of detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Native-level English
Key Skills/Experience (preferred):
- 1-3 years of experience in the media industry
- Proven track record running social campaigns for major media outlets or brands
- 1+ years conducting/analyzing/presenting market research
- 1+ years in a strategic role developing and aligning digital and social media plans to broader communications strategies
- SEO and PPC experience
All submissions must be in English. Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.