Digital Revenue Associate
The Digital Revenue Associate at Project Syndicate is tasked with helping to grow our subscriber base by conceiving, executing, and optimizing revenue-maximizing digital marketing and sales campaigns through data analysis and iteration to surface insights. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of a cross-channel digital revenue strategy (mainly email marketing and on-site messaging), working closely with the Marketing team and senior leadership to increase a growing revenue stream.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the media market and current trends in e-commerce and content monetization, and how they impact business strategies. This role affords the opportunity to help shape digital strategy and grow our subscription business. A results-oriented and data-driven mindset, flexibility, the ability to work autonomously, and the drive and willingness to chart a new direction amid shifting responsibilities and priorities is paramount.
- Develop, test, and execute an ongoing, dynamic, and cohesive strategy for driving new subscription growth and digital revenue, focusing on audience acquisition, subscriber retention, funnel optimization, and paywall strategy
- Formulate and implement onsite messaging and email marketing campaigns for the key business drivers above
- Devise and execute A/B testing to optimize campaigns
- Create messaging assets (visual and text)
- Collect and analyze data from a variety of sources to develop actionable insights and adjust strategy accordingly
- Understand and leverage the capabilities of our CMS's messaging system
Key Skills/Experience (required):
- 2+ years of experience in news media in a business capacity or in an e-commerce role
- Passion for the news and current events
- Demonstrated track record of generating new business through digital platforms
- Detailed knowledge of and experience working with a number of digital marketing and data management technologies (such as Shopify, MailChimp, Tableau, OptinMonster, TrustPulse, and Google Merchant Center)
- Desire to function as a strategic marketer and also orchestrate tactical components of marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop or Illustrator
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with a high level of detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Native-level English
Key Skills/Experience (preferred):
- 1-3 years of experience in digital sales within the media or e-commerce industries
- Proven track record in developing and implementing sales strategies
- 1+ years conducting/analyzing/presenting market research
- 1+ years in a strategic role developing and implementing revenue-generating strategies
- SEO and PPC experience
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Dynamic organization
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.