Global Relations Manager
Project Syndicate is looking for an enthusiastic, media-savvy Global Relations Manager to join our team in Prague.
The successful candidate will have a general understanding of current global media trends, professional experience in cross-cultural communication, knowledge of sales and negotiation approaches and best practice, and share Project Syndicate’s commitment to press freedom. This position affords the opportunity to help shape organizational revenue growth strategies, facilitate the success of our mission, and positively impact media around the world.
The Global Relations Manager will work as a part of our sales team to develop and implement strategies to grow both revenue and our global reach.
Project Syndicate produces and delivers original, high-quality commentaries to a global audience. Featuring exclusive contributions by prominent policymakers, scholars, civic activists, and political and business leaders from around the world, we provide media organizations and their readers with cutting-edge analysis and insight. Our partner network includes over 500 media outlets – more than half of which receive our commentaries for free or at subsidized rates – in more than 150 countries.
- Point of contact for and oversight of existing media partnerships in target countries
- Research and development of new media partnerships in target countries
- Regular travel to target countries
- Participation in industry conferences
- Design and implementation of sales strategies for new media products
The ideal candidate will be a team player, comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to work independently on a day-to-day basis. The position will require regular travel with an emphasis on East Asia.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum two years of experience in sales, marketing, media, or social media marketing
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and business proficiency in Chinese
- Professional or educational experience in East Asia
- Extroverted, entrepreneurial, and results-driven
- Deep understanding of the news media
- Proven success in driving revenue growth
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Competitive salary and benefit package
Dynamic work environment
All submissions must be in English. Send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.