Associate Social Media Manager
Project Syndicate is looking for an enthusiastic and digital media-savvy Associate Social Media Manager to join our team in Prague.
The successful candidate will assist in posting content and managing communities across our social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and more), as well as help to grow the thriving PS community. The Associate Social Media Manager will edit and curate our social media feeds, assist in the implementation of our digital strategy, and help to increase awareness about our content and mission.
This position will help shape the digital face of the organization, delivering our world-class commentary and opinion pieces to our international audience. The Associate Social Media Manager will work closely with our editorial and marketing teams to develop and implement strategies to grow our reach globally.
- Curate, create, and post content to our social media platforms
- Moderate comments and monitor content, distribution, and trends on social media platforms
- Assist in the generation of innovative ideas and strategies to support brand initiatives with a focus on influencers and community engagement
- Support current marketing and social media plans and develop new social media programs
- Provide monthly recaps of social media growth, successes, and failures
- Assist in developing paid media strategies to optimize performance on Facebook
- Create engaging infographics, visual displays, etc. for use across our social media platforms and support in the selection of images for use across our website
The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to work independently on a day-to-day basis. This position will require some flexibility in schedule that includes some weekend and evening commitments.
- 1-3 years of experience in news media, journalism, social media marketing, and/or public relations
- Deep understanding of social media communities, and a passion for knowledge about all things related to social media marketing
- Proven experience in executing campaigns and building social awareness
- Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly InDesign and Photoshop) skills are highly desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and an affinity for copywriting preferred
- Fluent English is a must, and secondary language skills are highly desirable
- Minimum BA/BS degree required
- Passion for news and current events
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Dynamic work environment
- Please include a cover letter with your CV and send us an email after completing the form below
- All submissions must be in English
Position posted July 27